Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Perfect Blondie

The Perfect Blondie by Heaven in a Dish -seriously the best blondie recipe ever! Do not lose this recipe, it never fails!
Okay, so I've been on the longest search for the perfect blondie, and I think I've finally found it.

Correction. I know I've found it.
The Perfect Blondie by Heaven in a Dish -seriously the best blondie recipe ever! Do not lose this recipe, it never fails!
Blondies are sort of like the brown sugar cousin of brownies. Blondies done the right way are soft, chewy, buttery perfection.

I've had way too many blondie flops, too chewy to the point of being hard, too sugary (not sure this is a thing, but one batch had way too much sugar and not enough other stuff to balance it out), etc.

But not this one. This blondie is the best, most perfect blondie I've ever had. Ever.

This blondie was relatively easy to make, and was super easy to clean up because I put tin foil hanging off the edges (so that once they set up I just lifted them out of the pan and didn't have to wash anything but the mixer. shh, don't tell) and was buttery, soft, chewy, all around awesomeness.

There are so many ways you can modify this, add chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, maple extract, pretty much endless possibilities.

Try it!
The Perfect Blondie by Heaven in a Dish -seriously the best blondie recipe ever! Do not lose this recipe, it never fails!
The Perfect Blondie 
Save this recipe! The best blondie, ever! Soft, chewy, buttery, and easy clean-up! 
Makes: About 30 bars   
5 stars *****
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), semi-melted*
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325.
  2. Line a 9x13 pan with tin foil. Set aside.
  3. In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and both sugars. Cream together until light and fluffy(about 4 min.).
  4. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
  5. Turn mixer to low and mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
  6. Spread dough into prepared pan.
  7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are golden and bars are just set up. Don't over-bake!
  8. Let cool.
  9. When ready to cut, remove bars from the pan by lifting foil.
Notes:
*the butter does not need to be melted all the way. If you accidentally melt it completely, don't worry, your blondies will still taste pretty good. You want it to be about half melted. I don't really know why, but the blondies I've made have turned out best that way.
*you MUST let your blondies cool! The texture will not be the same at all if you don't. You can move the blondies to a wire rack to let them cool faster. 
The Perfect Blondie by Heaven in a Dish -seriously the best blondie recipe ever! Do not lose this recipe, it never fails!
If you ever need a blondie recipe, this is the one! Easy to make, and tastes amazing!

Have a tall glass of milk handy.
The Perfect Blondie by Heaven in a Dish -seriously the best blondie recipe ever! Do not lose this recipe, it never fails!

5 comments:

  1. These look soooo tempting and amazing! Don't be surprised if you see me post this recipe for my Saturday Decadent Dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think they're one of the best desserts I've had in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good .Whenever I've tried blondies in the past they're always too greasy or too sweet. I'll definitely try these next time I make blondies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine tasted more like cake and was too fluffy. Any idea what I did wrong? Over cook it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you beat it too much in the mixer

      Delete