Saturday, August 30, 2014

Cake Batter Cookie Cups

These cake batter cookie cups are easy to make, soft and delicious, perfect for school lunches!
Cake Batter Cookie Cups by Heaven in a Dish -these soft cookie cups are simple to make, perfect for school lunches!
So I started school yesterday. 

There are some people who love the back to school season. I'm not one of those people. Summer is my favorite season and I sob when it ends (okay so I don't really cry but I almost do). I dread hearing the back to school commercials. 

I'm a little torn though.  A tiny part of me kind of likes the feeling of buying all the new school supplies and I would normally enjoy it, because I love getting new notebooks and markers, but I hate it because it means I'm going back to school. 
 Cake Batter Cookie Cups by Heaven in a Dish -these soft cookie cups are simple to make, perfect for school lunches!
Lots of bloggers post about breakfasts and stuff for school. That's nice, but I like to focus on the lunchbox. Mmm-hmm. For going back to school, what you really need (besides a hug and a tissue) is good lunch snacks. 

All through elementary school my friend had the best lunches. She always had a hostess product that made me green with envy, cheetos, a perfectly made sandwich, and one of those powdered drink mixes for her water bottle. While I had a PB&J, carrots, a juicebox, and a cheesestick. Twinkies beat carrots. I would get kind of fixated on it so now I pride myself on being able to make a delicious homemade lunch.

Using these cookie cups. (tip for a good first day: bring muddy buddies or extra cookie cups. People will crowd around for your delicious treats). These stayed soft and chewy even on the second or third day, perfect for a lunchbox. 

A while ago I saw sugar cookie cups. They looked amazing and I couldn't stop thinking about them. One day I was going to make some cake mix cookies, but then remembered those cookie cups. 

So these were born. 
Cake Batter Cookie Cups by Heaven in a Dish -these soft cookie cups are simple to make, perfect for school lunches!
They're super simple and are so soft and yummy! Perfect for your lunchbox. 

Cake Batter Cookie Cups 
Only 3 ingredients, these cookie cups are perfect for back-to-school lunches
Ingredients: 
  • 1 box funfetti cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a mini cupcake pan (a muffin tin works too, but you'll get bigger cups)
  2. Combine all ingredients until dough forms. 
  3. Press dough into pans. 
  4. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
Notes:
*do not overbake! watch these closely. After 8 minutes they should be done, even if they look doughy. Just let them cool!
Cake Batter Cookie Cups by Heaven in a Dish -these soft cookie cups are simple to make, perfect for school lunches!
 These were a huge hit with my family, we gobbled them up in minutes! 

I will definitely be making these again. Give these a try, lunchbox or otherwise!
Cake Batter Cookie Cups by Heaven in a Dish -these soft cookie cups are simple to make, perfect for school lunches!

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! And they look super easy, too. I will definitely be making some for my school lunches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!! I would definitely pack these in my boys' lunchboxes! Thanks for a great recipe, pinned! Good luck with back to school!

    ReplyDelete